_____________________________________________________________________
CHAPTER III
A few weeks later, I finally got discharged from the hospital and I feel much better. Yet one thing still disturbs my mind........ Ciel. She acted strangely back at the day she visited me, and after that, she didn't come to visit for the following 2 weeks. I'm getting a really bad vibe about it.
After I got to school for the first time in weeks, my friends greeted me and called me "Ciel's hero". I think it's a joke, she's the one that saved me. They always have a few laughs from teasing me, so I let them do it since I can't be bothered to get annoyed. Then I saw her getting her things from her locker, I split away from my posse and tried to approach her, she noticed me, quickly closing her locker door and rushing into class. I was short of nothing but shocked at what she did. Luke tried to hold in his laughter but failed, Jay shrugged. I pouted at them for mocking me.
After the 1st bell rung, I went into class and saw her again. She lowered her head as if trying to act that she's studying, even though I can see through that, cliche.... slightly confused, I went to my seat and studies proceed as usual, and I didn't bother to listen to the lecture since I have better things to think about, Ciel for one. After the recess bell rung, everyone rushed out of the class, I was clearing my table and Ciel was arranging her books. "Ciel..." I called to her, "not now Adam, I'm busy." she said, not even looking at me. She left the classroom and so did I. In the canteen, I waited for her to come and sit beside me as we usually do., but this time....she didn't show up and I was accompanied by my friends instead. Things pretty much go as usual for the rest of the school day.
I went to the pier as usual to look at the sunset....awaiting for her arrival. But she didn't come..... I tried calling her, but she didn't pick up. So I went home, heart filled with despair.... I greeted my parents, and my mom said "dinner's in the oven, Adam~" with her ever cheerful tone and my dad gave me a simple "welcome back" as he was absorbed in watching a football game on TV. I threw my bag to a corner, took off my clothes and went into the shower. As the cold water hit my naked skin, I finally realized that life's not the same without her..... that-that..... I need her. I must have gone insane.... "ME? HAVING A CRUSH ON CIEL?! HAH!" I said to myself. But then again....maybe I do have a crush on her.
I turned the tap on the shower counter-clockwise, shutting off the dashing waters. I wiped myself dry and felt a brief feeling of refreshment, but the thought of Ciel quickly came back into my head, making me feel rather depressed. I put on my pajamas and went back down to fetch my dinner. I opened the oven, full of curiosity on what was for dinner. "Oh, Spaghetti eh, joy...." I said in sarcasm to my mom. "What's the matter, sweetie? Not in the mood for spaghetti?" my mom said, worrying about me. Then again, I'm not in the mood to eat anything right now. "Maybe his girlfriend dumped him~" Amy; my annoying sister interrupted while she was playing with her iPhone. "Shut up...." I coldly said to her, holding my anger in. "Wooo~ scary~" she said, to agitate me. Ignoring her, I proceeded back into my room carrying my plate of spaghetti, hearing my mom lecturing my sister on teasing me, I can't help but to grin. Serves her right.
I booted up my PC to surf the web for the latest gaming news and to chat with her. But as soon as I signed into the Messenger, she wasn't even online..... or was she blocking me? Or for some reason, applied my "Messenger Camouflage" hacking technique and permanently severed all ties between our IMs..... I don't know.... maybe I'm paranoid..... I spent the night playing my favorite video game as I finish my cold Spaghetti from the oven that my mom cooked, to let off some steam. When I noticed it was 12AM, I yawned, went down to the kitchen sink to wash the aftermath of tomato sauce and cheese on my plate and went back up to my room, attempting to sleep.
As if I could sleep during this time. For the record, I think I'm losing the only person that I love- I mean I'm losing my best friend. I can't sleep though this.... seriously.... "I want Ciel back in my life. But how do I do so?" I pondered to myself.....I'm starting to feel really lonely. Suddenly, my phone vibrated, I was surprised since I forgot to turn off my cellphone. I looked at the bright pixelated screen which almost blinded me in the dark, it was a text message from Ciel. I sprang up from bed with my eyes wide open. And it said "Adam.... meet me at the pier tomorrow after school." My heart was full of joy.
I didn't expect what comes next...
No comments:
Post a Comment