Sunday, March 20, 2011

Oh do I miss this blog!

Indeed I do. I finally took time to realize how long has it been since I sat down on my old leather black chair, typing to this same page where I have left so many marks. It's been a pretty normal life after the dreaded SPM, I guess. Though applying the word "dreaded" would be me, over-exaggerating on SPM's difficulty. Trust me SPM candidates, it's easier than you think it is.

After SPM I took time to actually feel free from studies and start my metamorphosis into a makeshift sloth. Video games were played, friends were met and goodbyes were said. After that, it was a period of overwhelming boredom, so bored I was that I was determined to find a job. And so I did. I applied to work ad Golden Screen Cinema Mid Valley hoping to be placed in the ticketing booth. But the supervisors had something else in mind for me, for me to be a "steward" or so they say. Steward is a word too simple to define what my job description for RM3.40 an hour. In the mornings I have to traverse the maze of the cinema exits to turn on the air conditioning and lights on. After that I would need to do hourly hall checks for faulty infrastructure or couples who are getting a little too "friendly". I needed to check if the ads are playing. Once I actually got to breathe, they tell me to go to the checkpoint to tear tickets and smile at the customers. Those of you who go to the movies might think stewards have it easy, but think again. The next time you bring me for a movie in Mid Valley, trust me, the next set of shows will be canceled since I will bring you on a air-conditioning sabotaging tour ala Jonathan Law.

After just a few days in GSC I applied to work at a Computer Games store that I regularly go to in order to find my video games. I figured if I could combine my knowledge in computers and amateur sales skill, I could earn a few bucks to spend on things I'd like. It's been 2 months now and this will be my last month working there. It's been a pleasure meeting new people and helping those in need of games installation. Friends visit me regularly to keep me company and for that I appreciate each and everyone of you!

For my next act in this tale of life. I will work until the 7th of April and by then I'll have a month's worth of holiday before I move on to my freshman year in college.

Hopefully, without my regular work schedule of 10A.M. - 10 P.M. , I will be able to write more to this blog, to share my thoughts with all of you.

For now this is Jonathan Law, signing out for the time being.

Adieu

No comments:

Post a Comment