Foreword: I have changed the overall look of my blog, and already got the little piano tune up and running again, hope you guys like it, do leave remarks on the comment box below or just say your say in the chatbox in the doobly-doo to the right of this page. Thank you in advance.
_________________________________________
See what does the 4 capitalized letters become when you turn them into an acronym? It spells Blog. And now I've come to know,after reading the deposit of thoughts of the masses from all walks of life, with different personae I finally realize that a blog is more than just a means to chronicle your life, more than just a personal blank slate for you to type out your deepest most overwhelming emotions in it. Some would write of a country's political flaws, some would write of their angst, some would write of their own beliefs and philosophy. What do these little voices, projected via text in your Google Chrome, Firefox or Internet Explorer window have in common?
They are free from the limitations of real life, from the generic society, they can be themselves. Hence the acronym; Being Liberated frOm Generalization.
Of course we are still limited from the "Cyber Police" but, ask yourself, in which plane do we have more space to express ourselves without the fear of being shunned upon? Little websites and Blogs, of course. No, I'm not saying that the Internet is a better place than real life, I'm just stating the fact that Blogs are a rather unique read, by which you cannot find at a local bookstore.
A Blog is the place where the artist of words do not fear the censor, the place where they can express themselves with almost boundless freedom. If you are wondering, then head over to my doobly-doo at the right side of this blog and scroll down to my linkage. Some of the most unique blogs I would say belongs to Mr. Derek Kok, my Public-Speaking mentor and attorney-in-training who shares his opinions for a better Malaysia, Lily Tan, a new friend that I've found from Kelantan who writes rather philosophical questioning of the world and tells tales of her loving family.
Of course there are people who misuse these blank slates to fill their dark desires. I'm not sure if my fellow readers who are reading this heard of Gary Ng. He was a notorious blogger who gained fame from posting his private sex tapes with various women in Singapore. A grotesque display of immorality indeed. Fret not, his blog has been apprehended by the admins, his fate in real life is still an enigma for me.
Though I encourage to those of you who don't have a blog to start one, it would be my pleasure to read your thoughts imprinted into a single HTML page.
With this I bid you all a pleasant night.
P.S. To all the SPM candidates, you guys have GOT to take it easy, really. XD
this 'blog' thing gets on my nerves sometimes. I do agree with the fact, being able to express oneself freely. There are many things that are the factor of my perceptions.
ReplyDeleteOne being the risks of posting many details about one’s personal life, views on a certain topic, rants and all that other stuff. This can be altered thanks to the many options, segregating certain blog posts for all to see, some for certain people or a number of friends to as far as completely private, only for yourself to see. You’d still have the satisfaction of posting something on the net even if nobody else can actually read it, the narcissism is overwhelming.
Some of us have the ability to express without having to give much thought. I am one of the unlucky ones who have to think for a bit then my fingers can fly on the keyboard. I much agree with those (who has good amount of keyboard experience) find typing on keyboards faster than one who writes down on a piece of paper. But I hate staring at the screen waiting for something in my head to go ‘ding!’ and then i’ll type something. With pencil and paper, you can jot down stuff anytime, anywhere when
something pops up, not having to go through all the trouble of switching on the computer, connecting to the net and finally, logging into the blog webpage and type.
*SIGH* Maybe i’m just so against the world i fail to see that I’m blaming this on blog-culture. Wait a minute, how could i fail seeing my own fault when i’ve already mentioned it? AHAHHHA. Or maybe i’m not confident enough that people would want to read my blog after i make a few lame posts. What am i expecting from posting in my blog? Fame? Money? (probably) Complacency of posting something ‘MINE’ online?
“HEY GUYS I’VE GOT A BLOG!!! SO THAAT MEANS I’M A LEVEL HIGHER THAN THOSE FREAKS WHO DOESN’T HAVE A BLOG!!! PFFFFTMMHH”
Posting stuff wondering who from what country and from which planet would ever come across my blog and read my posts...Waitaminute! What’s the real reason I have a blog? Uhhh.. because it’s COOL!!!!
MY POINT IS, BLOGS ARE OVERRATED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
this 'blog' thing gets on my nerves sometimes. I do agree with the fact, being able to express oneself freely. There are many things that are the factor of my perceptions.
ReplyDeleteOne being the risks of posting many details about one’s personal life, views on a certain topic, rants and all that other stuff. This can be altered thanks to the many options, segregating certain blog posts for all to see, some for certain people or a number of friends to as far as completely private, only for yourself to see. You’d still have the satisfaction of posting something on the net even if nobody else can actually read it, the narcissism is overwhelming.
Some of us have the ability to express without having to give much thought. I am one of the unlucky ones who have to think for a bit then my fingers can fly on the keyboard. I much agree with those (who has good amount of keyboard experience) find typing on keyboards faster than one who writes down on a piece of paper. But I hate staring at the screen waiting for something in my head to go ‘ding!’ and then i’ll type something. With pencil and paper, you can jot down stuff anytime, anywhere when
something pops up, not having to go through all the trouble of switching on the computer, connecting to the net and finally, logging into the blog webpage and type.
*SIGH* Maybe i’m just so against the world i fail to see that I’m blaming this on blog-culture. Wait a minute, how could i fail seeing my own fault when i’ve already mentioned it? AHAHHHA. Or maybe i’m not confident enough that people would want to read my blog after i make a few lame posts. What am i expecting from posting in my blog? Fame? Money? (probably) Complacency of posting something ‘MINE’ online?
“HEY GUYS I’VE GOT A BLOG!!! SO THAAT MEANS I’M A LEVEL HIGHER THAN THOSE FREAKS WHO DOESN’T HAVE A BLOG!!! PFFFFTMMHH”
Posting stuff wondering who from what country and from which planet would ever come across my blog and read my posts...Waitaminute! What’s the real reason I have a blog? Uhhh.. because it’s COOL!!!!
MY POINT IS, BLOGS ARE OVERRATED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
this 'blog' thing gets on my nerves sometimes. I do agree with the fact, being able to express oneself freely. There are many things that are the factor of my perceptions.
ReplyDeleteOne being the risks of posting many details about one’s personal life, views on a certain topic, rants and all that other stuff. This can be altered thanks to the many options, segregating certain blog posts for all to see, some for certain people or a number of friends to as far as completely private, only for yourself to see. You’d still have the satisfaction of posting something on the net even if nobody else can actually read it, the narcissism is overwhelming.
Some of us have the ability to express without having to give much thought. I am one of the unlucky ones who have to think for a bit then my fingers can fly on the keyboard. I much agree with those (who has good amount of keyboard experience) find typing on keyboards faster than one who writes down on a piece of paper. But I hate staring at the screen waiting for something in my head to go ‘ding!’ and then i’ll type something. With pencil and paper, you can jot down stuff anytime, anywhere when
something pops up, not having to go through all the trouble of switching on the computer, connecting to the net and finally, logging into the blog webpage and type.
Posting stuff wondering who from what country and from which planet would ever come across my blog and read my posts...Waitaminute! What’s the real reason I have a blog? Uhhh.. because it’s COOL!!!!
MY POINT IS, BLOGS ARE OVERRATED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!