




William Shakespeare once said to the world:"There is neither good nor bad, but thinking makes it so."
Contrary to popular belief, and going by the quote, I say that it's not a matter of which side is winning, or which attentions are more noble than the other. I believe that there can only be one story, one truth that the world needs to know. I believe that everything begins from nothing. Sets of rules such as the amendments of America, The 10 Commandments, The Law and much more are just notions of logic. Life is like a video game, and a video game is a story told from the point of view of a chosen character. That character is known as the Protagonist, and what the protagonist disagrees with is called the Antagonist. And of course the goal of playing a video game is to get the protagonist to what he wants to achieve, often to defeat the antagonist. Protagonists and Antagonists, these two factors are above all, the most contradictory forces of the world. What you see in the world of politics are of course, just like another video game.
Barisan National wants to rule govern the land much longer for their own needs, their definition of good and what the Rakyat thinks as vile and cruel.
And what the Rakyat wants is nothing less then a political revolution for the future of the country, they stood up and gathered in the heart of the city to show that the vox populi lives on, the government thinks it's childish, overly ambitious, and barbaric.
But dear readers, do keep in mind that Malaysia is a democratic country. Democracy derived from the Greek words Demos (Peope) and Kratos (Power). It is a country by the people, for the people. The majority of agreements will constitute the government in its' place. Calling a civilian coalition with a small support from other political groups "illegal" is self-contradicting. The people want nothing less than a revolution in a democratic country, and the government denies it completely and calls it illegal. Bear in mind that this is a democratic country ladies and gentlemen, labeling the majority of people who have spoken illegal is labeling your government illegal. Great job.
The above pictures you have just scrolled through are forever etched into the history of Malaysia. These photos, taken by Al-Jazeera journalists who daringly jumped into the fray of 9/7 are embodiments of the truth. If you'd pay attention to how local papers and news define Bersih as and how inetrnational news channels define them you will be able to see a big difference. RTM1,2, TV3 amongst others say "This illegal assembly" when referring to Bersih. While International news channel say "This assembly". What national television failed to show is the amount of suffering the people went through on that fateful raining afternoon. They did not show how the police kicked a Bersih supporter in green tee sitting there while tear gas were fired, they did not show the spraying of chemical-laced water and tear gas assaults in the compounds of Tung Shin hospital which is in the opposite of my junior high school; SM Stella Maris and St. Anthony's church. They were not aware of the amount of foreigners that were staying at Grand Seasons Hotel nearby. The media did not broadcast the death of a Bersih supporter as he ran for dear life in the face of hounds we call the police. They did not show how a man had a stroke when police officers handcuff him, how officers stood there in the midst of chaos, watching the man suffer as civilians try to free him from the handcuffs the police failed to release. They failed to show the ignorance of the police of not bringing first aid or calling for help, they stood there as the man suffers from his stroke.
The local mainstream papers failed to put in pictures of the ensuing chaos, the blood, sweat and tears, they show clean roads with officers posing in front of the candid camera. And saying it was damned well peaceful. I did not see The Star journalists going into the fray as Al-Jazeera's did.
ladies and gentlemen I do not support the winning team, or the most convincing coalition, I support the truth, and if you hide the truth, I'll dig it up and show it. The police said that there was no tear gas or water cannons fired in the compounds of Tung Shin, the high ranking officer claimed he was there, I did not see a Punjabi police officer in blue turban in the videos or pictures, all I see is water and smoke, could it be a barbeque party by Bersih then, sir? Our great Prime Minister said that the police handled everything bravely and cautiously, no physical contact whatsoever to the protestors. All I see when I search the words "Bersih 2.0" in Youtube are protestors getting kicked, slapped in the face, sprayed by water cannons, punched, man-handled and trampled by the police. They say only a mere 5,000 showed up, but I beg you to scroll back up and do a head count. Watching the government denying what they did to their own people is laughable.
Looking at the bigger picture I see that Malaysia's multiracial community has shown the true Malaysian spirit, chanting the national anthem at Puduraya, pushing back the malicious water cannon trucks back so that it would not harm bystanders, I see them defending their country with my own two naked eyes, I did not see anarchy, at least not by the people. I see people, regardless of age, race, religion and beliefs standing up to what they think is right, I see the truth. The "10,0000 People wants Najib to resign" page was filled with double the original aim of likes in a matter of less than 48 hours after what civilians saw.
The PM also said that he congratulates those who did not show up to the rally since you are a silent majority. If only the main roads weren't block that could get me to Puduraya in 10 minutes, I would have given you all a more solid truth. I regret not coming down in the 9th of July, 2011. For that I admit that I am a failed Malaysian, but all I can do now is to write.
If this was the 1 Malaysia unity our PM sought for, I congratulate him on achieving it, for now I say that he will suffer the wrath of the vox populi. Well done.
Remember, Remember the Ninth of July.
No comments:
Post a Comment