Friday, July 24, 2009

Flawless Victory

So today (as per usual =.=lll) Kreeshan and I was asked to accompany Derek to the state levels for public speaking, which was at St. John's..... all to familiar, I don't even need to explain about St. John, since I've been going there 3 times in my Stella Maris days, since SMSM didn't have a field. So we rode in Ms. Sheila's car, since Mrs. Jaspal has the chicken pocks. So we reached there at about 8 AM. I could say that the contestants from the 4 zones of KL looked threatening indeed.

So we went up to the lecture theater, me and Kreeshan got our seats then we waited..... waited and waited, since it's some sick tradition for the V.I.P's to be late. So the competition started, one by one the contestants presented their intruging speeches, subjects like "The Meaning of Life" or "Teenage Life" came up, heck even the magic topic "Sex" was spoken, even a subject about words came out. But flat put, the best quote today was "Why are you betting on yourself on a single piece of rubber?", which was made by the Sex guy, I don't know his name, but he was crazy about sex... he put sex as one of his points in his Impromtu speech. FYI, the title for impromptu was "Adolecence, Relationships and Responsibilities" a difficult yet open ended topic.

So, you're asking...who the hell won? Well... remember SMP? 1st place winner of the Sentul zone? The girl didn't win. So, are you ready?

3rd place goes to Convent (I don't recall which one, but it's one of the convent schools)

2nd, goes to St. John's, he was a threat indeed.

1st........goes to SMK Maxwell.

No, you are not drugged, hypnotized or drunk, Derek won. He doesn't know why he won too, he was blaberring away for his impromtu, but by a miracle, he won. He didn't even want to win, but well, I pity you, yet at the same time, am proud of you. Looks like he'll be representing our state for the national levels, so you better kick more ass Derek.

Oh, by the way, I met one of my friends from my primary school in St. John. He still remembered me, pretty suprising after 4 years. Heck he didn't change much himself, he was the same, just the usual voice change.

Well, guess that's it, OH! Kreeshan and myself also treated Derek to McDonald's for the win. We also bought a burger for Ms. Sheila, but she didn't want it, so I finished it for her.... also that damn apple pie burned the side of my lip, ouch....

No comments:

Post a Comment