Thursday, April 29, 2010

Kindness Has No Perks.

To be frank, I'm the kind of person who believes that if someone does something good to another, he/she will be rewarded one way or another with good in the future. It is somewhat leaning towards the Karma system, in my opinion.

But yesterday I realized that kindness does nothing, one moment I'm getting "thank you"s from someone, and the next moment where I accidentally cracked up a lame joke, that person lies to me and ignores me. That's a nice "reward".

Then today, I was just trying to help a friend who's in a pitch with the discipline teachers by telling him to calm down and don't just quit from the prefectorial board from one small mishap. He listened. But when the angry teacher walked back into class, I got lectured for trying to solve a problem. "ARE YOU TRYING TO BE SOME SORT OF HERO, JONATHAN?!" the teacher shouted. I didn't reply. As I always mentioned, adults are ridiculously fatuous. So I don't really care.

No matter, I'm still a individual with firm beliefs and I will not yield. If the risks of being kind are so, then so be it. Now I have to go to that cursed Economics tuition.

ciao.
____________________________________________________________________

Quote of the Day: "You can be a king or a street sweeper, but everyone dances with the Grim Reaper." - Robert Alton Harris' words before he was executed

No comments:

Post a Comment